Solved: The correct APN and MMS settings

You can see here how much appreciation morawagin has received from other members.

morawagin
Regular Poster
comments: 12
Author

14 August 2011, 15:12

as in topic description with the correct internet/MMS settings confirmed by the member of staff at Meteor Store..i can't receive and send MMS messages in Ireland
any one now the fix or whats the problem ?
i have heard that Meteor have no option for MMS send/receive abroad but in Ireland it shoul work at least
Solved. Read answer here:

To ensure the settings on a customer’s handset are set correctly for data and mms you can check the APN settings. For iPhone all the customer needs to do is ‘sync’ the handset with iTunes. For other handsets these settings may need to be inserted manually:
Tell the customer to go to:
Settings > Wireless and Network Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
For some handsets the APN settings can be found in other settings.

DATA APN:
Name: Meteor Data
APN: data.mymeteor.ie
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC:
MMS proxy:
MMS port:
MCC: 272
MNC: 03
Authentication type: PAP
APN type: default,supl
APN protocol IPv4
Bearer Unspecified

MMS APN:
Name: Meteor MMS
APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
Proxy:
Port:
Username: my
Password: ***
Server:
MMSC: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
MMS proxy: 10.85.85.85
MMS port: 8799
APN type: mms
APN protocol IPv4
Bearer Unspecified

View original
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Sarah has received from other members.

Meteor_SarahMeteor_Sarah
    Meteor Admin
    comments: 1463
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

Answer

24 July 2015, 16:50

To ensure the settings on a customer’s handset are set correctly for data and mms you can check the APN settings. For iPhone all the customer needs to do is ‘sync’ the handset with iTunes. For other handsets these settings may need to be inserted manually:
    Tell the customer to go to:
    Settings > Wireless and Network Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
    For some handsets the APN settings can be found in other settings.

DATA APN:
    Name: Meteor Data
    APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    Proxy:
    Port:
    Username:
    Password:
    Server:
    MMSC:
    MMS proxy:
    MMS port:
    APN type: default,supl
    APN protocol IPv4
    Bearer Unspecified

MMS APN:
    Name: Meteor MMS
    APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    Proxy:
    Port:
    Username: my
    Password: ***
    Server:
    MMSC: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMS proxy: 10.85.85.85
    MMS port: 8799
    APN type: mms
    APN protocol IPv4
    Bearer Unspecified
    Help & Support Home Page | Forum T&C's - Please read | Meteor web-chat: 9AM - 11PMPlease note that unsolicited PMs will not be answered. Try using our 'Search Bar' in the top right hand corner as your question could already be answered. If not just drop a post on a relevant thread or set one up yourself. The forum is moderated from Monday-Friday - 9AM-5PM.
  • You can see here how much appreciation Hendrickp has received from other members.

Hendrickp
    Poster
    comments: 6

22 January 2016, 10:28

Hi,

I have been trying to send an MMS message all morning but have been unable. I went through your FAQ section and the information provided for MMS queries provided me with the appropriate settings to enable MMS messages. I have made those changes but i still cant send MMS messages. Can someone help with this please. I am a new Pay as You Go customer on the Simplicity Data top up and am using a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Regards
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Abe has received from other members.

Meteor_AbeMeteor_Abe
    comments: 2087
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

22 January 2016, 13:04

Hi Hendrickp, thanks for getting in touch. Since you applied the APN settings, have you turned the phone off and on? - Abe
    Meteor Community –Please Note Unsoilicited PMs may not be answered. – If I have requested your details, click on my username and you will see ‘Send Private Message’. Try using our ‘Search Bar’ to see if your query has already been answered. To start a new topic, just ‘Ask a Question’ on our home page. - The Community is Monitored 9-5, Monday -Friday.
  • You can see here how much appreciation Hendrickp has received from other members.

Hendrickp
    Poster

22 January 2016, 13:05

No. will that make a difference??

Hendrickp
    Poster

22 January 2016, 15:30

Hi,

I've done that and im still getting no where with it. For some reason when i go to send an mms my data signal stays on for a second and then disappears for about 30 seconds and then comes back with no sign of the message sending.

Regards

Hendrickp
    Poster

22 January 2016, 15:39

I also keep getting the message "Service not activated on Network"
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Abe has received from other members.

Meteor_AbeMeteor_Abe
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

22 January 2016, 15:53

I understand, can you please PM me your number and PIN?-Abe
    Meteor Community –Please Note Unsoilicited PMs may not be answered. – If I have requested your details, click on my username and you will see ‘Send Private Message’. Try using our ‘Search Bar’ to see if your query has already been answered. To start a new topic, just ‘Ask a Question’ on our home page. - The Community is Monitored 9-5, Monday -Friday.
  • You can see here how much appreciation JimboIreland has received from other members.

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    comments: 3956
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

22 January 2016, 19:53

How old is your sim card
    ___________________________________NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone buff and im on twitter @techbuzzireland

Hendrickp
    Poster

26 January 2016, 09:56

Hi JimboIreland,

Apologies for the late reply.

My sim is leterally 3 weeks old. I'm only a new customer to Meteor.

The guys here couldnt help me as the number i gave them to verify my recent call history didnt match up, but thats because i cant make any calls because my deal doesn't allow it, it was a text i sent. They then told me to ring the customer care line, but i cant ring that either because its not free. Im bascially in limbo right now.........
    Regards

Meteor_AbeMeteor_Abe
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

26 January 2016, 12:06

I've responded to that PM, please review. - Abe
  • You can see here how much appreciation DeirC has received from other members.

DeirC
    Forum Rookie
    comments: 3

10 February 2016, 00:59

Every text i send using the Messaging app on my Samsung S6 phone automatically converts to MMS without my consent or intervention. What can i do to revert back to SMS format?

Meteor_AbeMeteor_Abe
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

10 February 2016, 10:28

Hi Deirc, have you had a review in the message settings of the phone. Are the texts you're sending longer than normal?- Abe
  • You can see here how much appreciation johnconnolly has received from other members.

johnconnolly
    Newbie Poster
    comments: 2

12 February 2016, 18:32

I have a doro 6030 and I recently bought a memory card from an Eir shop so that I could send picture messages. The customer service rep in the shop advised that I should get settings from the internet and input them. I have tried this but they are still not sending.
    Can you confirm where in the settings I should be inputting the details and what the correct details are?
    Thank you
  • You can see here how much appreciation JimboIreland has received from other members.

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

12 February 2016, 22:33

Try
    From the home screen, press Menu
    Scroll to Settings, then press OK.
    Scroll to Messages, then press OK.
    Scroll to MMS Settings, then press OK.
    Scroll to MMS profile, then press OK.
    ___________________________________NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone buff and im on twitter @techbuzzireland
  • You can see here how much appreciation johnconnolly has received from other members.

johnconnolly
    Newbie Poster

13 February 2016, 16:46

Thanks a million. Will give that a go.

johnconnolly
    Newbie Poster

15 February 2016, 19:25

Thanks a million for your help, we have discovered that is eir settings we need.

Meteor_AbeMeteor_Abe
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

16 February 2016, 16:20

Thanks Jimboireland.

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

16 February 2016, 20:49

WELCOME. Glad to help
  • You can see here how much appreciation Jamesom has received from other members.

Jamesom
    Forum Rookie

10 March 2016, 13:42

Hi, I am having difficulty both receiving and sending MMS messages. I'd appreciate some advice. Thanks
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Kyle has received from other members.

Meteor_KyleMeteor_Kyle
    comments: 4859
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

MBB Master

MBB Master

10 March 2016, 16:51

Hi there Jamesom

Sorry to hear you're having these issues.

Have you had any issues with MMS before?
    Are you new to Meteor?

-Kyle
    __________________________________________ Help & Support Home Page | Forum T&C's - Please read | Meteor web-chat: 9AM - 11PM Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself. The forum is moderated from Monday-Friday - 9AM-5PM
  • You can see here how much appreciation Jamesom has received from other members.

Jamesom
    Forum Rookie

10 March 2016, 18:58

I've been a customer for over 10 years now. I've had issues on previous Sony phone and this phone which I've now had for about 3 months.

Jamesom
    Forum Rookie

10 March 2016, 19:16

Haven't been able to send mms since I got this phone
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Kyle has received from other members.

Meteor_KyleMeteor_Kyle
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

MBB Master

MBB Master

11 March 2016, 11:08

Hi there Jamesom

When getting a new phone you need to make sure that you have all your setting set up correctly. Click here for all settings and http://bit.ly/1dROkbA<br /> to see that this has already been posted on our Community Page.

Hope this helps :D

-Kyle
    __________________________________________ Help & Support Home Page | Forum T&C's - Please read | Meteor web-chat: 9AM - 11PM Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself. The forum is moderated from Monday-Friday - 9AM-5PM

Meteor_KyleMeteor_Kyle
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

MBB Master

MBB Master

11 March 2016, 11:09

meteor_kyle wrote:

Hi there Jamesom

When getting a new phone you need to make sure that you have all your setting set up correctly. Click here for all settings on our webpage and http://bit.ly/1dROkbA<br /> to see that this has already been posted on our Community Page.

Hope this helps :D

-Kyle

Jamesom
    Forum Rookie

11 March 2016, 15:14

Thanks

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)
View mobile version