Question: Roaming in USA

Tags:

You can see here how much appreciation DramaticExit has received from other members.

DramaticExit
Visitor
comments: 0
Author

12 April 2017, 03:30

Hi folks, I'm out in the states at the moment and my phone won't connect to any network here. Checked all the settings I can see and restarted many times. Could you check if it's anything Account Side? Cheers!
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Alan has received from other members.

Meteor_AlanMeteor_Alan
    Meteor Admin
    comments: 501
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

12 April 2017, 11:36

Hi DramaticExit,

Thanks for getting In touch,

If you can send me on your mobile number and PIN In a PM and I will be able to look into this further with our technical department.

Thanks,
    Alan.
    __________________________________________ Help & Support Home Page | Forum T&C's - Please read | Meteor web-chat: 9AM - 11PM Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself. The forum is moderated from Monday-Friday - 9AM-5PM
  • You can see here how much appreciation Xmgx has received from other members.

Xmgx
    Newbie Poster
    comments: 2

18 April 2017, 08:02

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. Paid for the US data add-on but cannot connect to any network. Could you please help?

Thanks,

Marcin
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Alan has received from other members.

Meteor_AlanMeteor_Alan
    Meteor Admin
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

18 April 2017, 11:36

Hi Xmgx,

Thanks for getting In touch. I would suggest trying some troubleshooting steps.

If you turn your phone off take the battery out (if possible) and leave the phone off for 5 minutes, switch It back on this should allow you to connect to a local network In America.

If this does not work please do get back In touch.

Thanks,
    Alan.
    __________________________________________ Help & Support Home Page | Forum T&C's - Please read | Meteor web-chat: 9AM - 11PM Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself. The forum is moderated from Monday-Friday - 9AM-5PM
  • You can see here how much appreciation Xmgx has received from other members.

Xmgx
    Newbie Poster

18 April 2017, 16:33

Hi Alan,

Thanks, I've tried all the troubleshooting steps but nothing worked. Any other ideas?

Best,

Marcin

Meteor_AlanMeteor_Alan
    Meteor Admin
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

18 April 2017, 17:28

Hi Xmgx,

If you can send me on your mobile number and PIN In a PM and I will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
    Alan.
  • You can see here how much appreciation DerekdDancer has received from other members.

DerekdDancer
    Newbie Poster
    comments: 1

21 April 2017, 06:11

Hi I'm out in the states and my phone wont connect to any network here.Tried turning off and on the phone after the battery had been out but to no avail. Can you please send me link to leave mobile number and pin .Thanks,Derek
  • You can see here how much appreciation Amberlina has received from other members.

Amberlina
    Newbie Poster

24 April 2017, 05:36

Hi I'm out in states and just realised that my phone wont connect to any network here. I tried everything and still won't work. Where I can send my mobile number and pin??
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Kyle has received from other members.

Meteor_KyleMeteor_Kyle
    comments: 4718
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

MBB Master

MBB Master

24 April 2017, 15:11

Hi there DerekdDancer & Amberlina

Have you both roamed with those handsets & SIM cards before? Would everything be set up correctly on your account before leaving Ireland?

-Kyle
  • You can see here how much appreciation Amberlina has received from other members.

Amberlina
    Newbie Poster

24 April 2017, 19:37

When I arrived my roaming was working, I could received messages, but just yesterday I realised that I don't have a network anymore, I can't call or send messages. I travelled before with the same Sim card and never had any problems.
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Kyle has received from other members.

Meteor_KyleMeteor_Kyle
    comments: 4718
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

MBB Master

MBB Master

27 April 2017, 15:23

Hi there Amberlina.

Please send us a PM with your number, PIN & what handset you're using.

We will assist you further there

-Kyle
  • You can see here how much appreciation AliceM has received from other members.

AliceM
    Forum Rookie
    comments: 4

3 May 2017, 15:53

Hi I had this problem recently and tried all all the turning off, removing battery, even found online some test to do to be sure the radio signals or something were working and they were. I emailed customer service for weeks from the States with painful interaction and no help. No one suggested that I could email or send my PIN and handset info to receive assistance. I had 3 weeks with no service for which I paid. I just rang Meteor customer service and their solution was to give me a number to call when I was there. Once again, no suggestion that I could email or PM someone. I am traveling again in a couple of weeks and would really like to know that I can rely on the phone service I am paying for. I arrive at the airport and the first thing I need to do is ring the car service. Great. Am I going to borrow a stranger's phone and call Ireland to sort it out? What is the problem? Apparently it is happening to others. Are the people above managing to get their phones working or is it a dead end? If I have a "bad" SIM, and the only way to find out is when I'm in the States, are Meteor going to FedX me one that works? If anyone has a better suggestion I would very much like to hear it.

Meteor_AlanMeteor_Alan
    Meteor Admin
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

4 May 2017, 15:36

Hi AliceM,

Thanks for getting In touch with us here. I'm sorry to hear of your experience.

If you would like to PM your mobile number & PIN and I will be able to assist you further with this.

Thanks,
    Alan.
  • You can see here how much appreciation AliceM has received from other members.

AliceM
    Forum Rookie

6 May 2017, 02:27

Alan I can't see how to PM you. I'm not seeing a "send a p m" option, where would I find that please?

Meteor_AlanMeteor_Alan
    Meteor Admin
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

10 May 2017, 17:16

Hi Alicem,

Thanks for getting In touch and apologies for the delay.

If you click on my name it will bring you to my profile, you will then see the option to send me a PM.

-Alan

AliceM
    Forum Rookie

12 May 2017, 22:06

Alan if you're out there please help. I have pm'd you. I am in New York and have no service. Really fed up with this. Thank you.

AliceM
    Forum Rookie

14 May 2017, 12:24

So I had to ring "customer service" from my friends phone from New York. After 10 minutes of explaining, being put on hold, etc, I'm told the tech people can't be reached and can I call back in half an hour? No, it's 6 a.m. here, I am leaving on a tour and when I return, because of the time difference, you will be closed; can you email the information to me ? No, we don't have email (!) I will leave the information on your file for when you call back. Great please don't leave information that I have already tried.
    I have replaced the SIM, done all the taking out the battery, turning off etc. I have not "put the SIM in another phone" because, I have to repeatedly explain, there are no other Meteor phones here.
    And oh, exactly what I feared did happen at the airport. FYI the Port Authority has removed all public phones from JFK airport. And now I am having trouble connecting to new networks.
    Any suggestions? Guesses as to what will happen now when I ring again?

Meteor_AlanMeteor_Alan
    Meteor Admin
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

15 May 2017, 15:39

Hi AliceM,

Thanks for getting In touch.

I have already replied to your question In PM.

Thanks,
    Alan.

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)
View mobile version