Question: Connecting to 192.168.8.1

Tags:

You can see here how much appreciation darahayes has received from other members.

darahayes
Forum Rookie
comments: 4
Author

18 March 2017, 11:54

I have two laptops in the house running their broadband off Meteor modem one laptop I can connect to 192.168.8.1 to access account status but the other laptop I can not connect , both laptops running windows7 and kasperky total security 2013 can anyone suggest why the one laptop is unable to access the modem address but can browse the web , I have checked chrome access tru firewall etc ,, can not understand why it wont connect
  • You can see here how much appreciation meteor_hema has received from other members.

meteor_hemameteor_hema
    comments: 1850
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

20 March 2017, 18:10

Hi darahayes,

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear that.

Can you advise me the error message you're getting on the laptop, please?

Thanks,
    Hema
  • You can see here how much appreciation darahayes has received from other members.

darahayes
    Forum Rookie
    Author

20 March 2017, 19:29

standard windows cannot connect web site check connection cables troubleshoot etc etc
  • You can see here how much appreciation meteor_hema has received from other members.

meteor_hemameteor_hema
    comments: 1850
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

21 March 2017, 17:21

Hi Darahayes,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've checked with our Tech Team and they've confirmed that it is device issue. They've also advised that it is the best way to get your laptop looked at to see how it can be fixed.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Hema
  • You can see here how much appreciation darahayes has received from other members.

darahayes
    Forum Rookie
    Author

5 May 2017, 18:02

Could you engineers be a little more specific , i have checked for virus what other possible reason could there be for not
    being able to connect to the wifi modem at 192.168.1..1
    Device issue doesnt really give me any clues
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Alan has received from other members.

Meteor_AlanMeteor_Alan
    Meteor Admin
    comments: 467
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

8 May 2017, 12:54

Hi darahayes,

Thanks for getting In touch,

Can you clarify that you are using the 192.168.1.?

Thanks,
    Alan.
    __________________________________________ Help & Support Home Page | Forum T&C's - Please read | Meteor web-chat: 9AM - 11PM Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself. The forum is moderated from Monday-Friday - 9AM-5PM

darahayes
    Forum Rookie
    Author

8 May 2017, 13:18

I confirm the IP address I am trying to connect to the modem is 192.168.8.1
    this is the saved bookmark which used to work some time ago and which does work from other laptops at my location

dara
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Alan has received from other members.

Meteor_AlanMeteor_Alan
    Meteor Admin
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

9 May 2017, 12:02

Hi darahayes,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I have spoken to our tech support team In relation to your IP address.

They have advised me that they error may be with the laptop that you are using, there should be no reason why you cannot connect to the IP address once It Is the correct one.

-Alan
    __________________________________________ Help & Support Home Page | Forum T&C's - Please read | Meteor web-chat: 9AM - 11PM Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself. The forum is moderated from Monday-Friday - 9AM-5PM

darahayes
    Forum Rookie
    Author

9 May 2017, 12:19

once again not very helpful "may be something wrong with my laptop" its working in every other respect so I dont understand why it cant access your wifi dongle , will try another support forum !

Meteor_AlanMeteor_Alan
    Meteor Admin
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

9 May 2017, 13:36

Hi darahayes,

I understand your frustration but unfortunately, we have checked this issue with our tech support team and they have not detected any issue from the network that would cause this error.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

-Alan

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)
View mobile version