Question: Windows 10 (mobile) release date

You can see here how much appreciation andybertaut has received from other members.

andybertaut
Newbie Poster
comments: 1
Author

28 February 2016, 01:58

So now that you're selling handsets with Windows 10 already on them, can we assume it's going to be available for an upgrade soon? I'm using a 640 LTE with 8.1 Update 2 currently.
  • You can see here how much appreciation JimboIreland has received from other members.

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    comments: 4675
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

28 February 2016, 03:42

This has nothing to do with meteor there is technical preview available if you cant wait,the only devices with W10 official is the Lumia 550/650/950/950XL there is no date for other devices to upgrade,the 640 will be part of the upgrade rollout.
    The W10 update is for the Lumia 430, Lumia 532, Lumia 535, Lumia 540, Lumia 640, Lumia 640 XL, Lumia 735, Lumia 830 and Lumia 930,from what i hear the update is due soon given it has been put back several times now.
    ___________________________________NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone buff and im on twitter @jimboirelandMETEOR NUMBERS - PAYG: 1747 BillPAY: 1905
  • You can see here how much appreciation andybertaut has received from other members.

andybertaut
    Newbie Poster
    comments: 1
    Author

28 February 2016, 17:27

MS push the update to the carrier (in this case Meteor) and they then decide when it's pushed to customers....
  • You can see here how much appreciation JimboIreland has received from other members.

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    comments: 4675
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

28 February 2016, 18:03

W10 will bi pass carriers. Any existing W8. 1 devices will still have to meet the norm. Technical preview is not carrier held but you will be waiting for official update. There's not much difference being honest I'm on both official 10, TP and 8.1 on three device's for comparison testing.
    ___________________________________NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone buff and im on twitter @jimboirelandMETEOR NUMBERS - PAYG: 1747 BillPAY: 1905

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)
View mobile version