Question: Where to buy the 640 in 2 days?

You can see here how much appreciation Grimwar has received from other members.

Grimwar
Regular Poster
comments: 14
Author

4 July 2015, 01:38

Hi all.

Sorry for the rush on this buy, but i'll explain below.

I need to buy and have delived by mon the 6th, (ok tues will work ). A lumia 640 LTE (4G) dual sim phone, must be EAN code compatible with Irish and USA phone networks.

Long reason;

I was quite happy to wait for the Mirosoft Lumia 940 relase, well windows 10 is due in a few weeks, windows mobile maby 2-3 weeks more, end of Augest no problem, but i liked the 640 reviews, but diddent wish to spend €180 on a temp phone.

I have 6 brothers and manny related inlaws from arround the globe and atm they are comming back to Ireland in dribs and drabs for a visit, 1 to 3 weeks and all have ipones!

WTF; A sister inlaw even went out and bought on contract a ip5 8GB from Vodaphone. Help.

I have converted most to the 640, but need to buy very soon, and also all i have primed for meteor payasyougo

• You can see here how much appreciation JimboIreland has received from other members.

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    comments: 4630
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

4 July 2015, 21:58

You should check your local store for one or phone around or check local adverts such as done deal or adverts,there is some online sellers here in Ireland but charge a fortune for devices unlocked,I am surprised how these are still actually trading..

They are available on the Microsoft store but i would not chance net day delivery,in fact anywhere online now I would not,perhaps if you had your order in on Friday you may have got away with it ....

If you buy it sim free it will work anywhere...

___________________________________NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone buff and im on twitter @techbuzzireland
  • You can see here how much appreciation Grimwar has received from other members.

Grimwar
    Regular Poster
    comments: 14
    Author

7 July 2015, 01:50

Hi Jimmy,
    I bought it from store.orange.com for €189.99, i could have bought it from komplett.ie for €10 less, but they were out of stock.
    The phone was delivered today, this phone was to be a temp phone for my brother, who is back from the USA for another 12 days.
    He has a ip6 and i forgot they are nanosim, well he wasent to worried about that, so i got him Meteor payasyougo sim and a 64GB SD.
    I gave the brother a crash cource on the windows phone, the live tiles features, i installed a few aps (he realy liked the Here maps and HereDrive+) and then he inquired if he can use this phone in America. no problem says i, you just have to exchange your At&t nanosim for a microsim, He gave me €300 to cover the cost of the phone, the new Meteor Sim + topup and the Speed Class 10 64GB SD memory card, and now won't let me play with it :@

I'am wating for Win 10 Lumia 940 to be released and have put a new PC build on hold, so that i can buy it in the next month or so.

Then i came up with a new evil plan.
    Another brother living in Austrilia is comming back on the 13th of Augest and i recived an email last week from him enquiring about a smart phone with a good data allowance, and all so a big phone.
    His Wife and i have the same eye sight problem, we are short sighted and need glasses to see in the distance, but can see fine with in 10 feet. but our problem is we glance at a phone with our glasses on, phone is blurred so we remove glasses to re-focus, but it takes a few seconds to re-focus on samler items.

So i just sent a reply showing the Lumia 640 and the Lumina 640 xl, the 640 xl is a 5.7'' and they went for that phone, My evil plan inculded that they were selling like hot cakes and if ordered on the 13th of Augest, they may be out of stock. Last Mail was to buy now and i will be re-funded on the13th/08, Evil plan worked, i'am now looking to buy a 640 xl which i can use for the next few weeks, while i wait for the relase of the 940 :D

• You can see here how much appreciation JimboIreland has received from other members.

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    comments: 4630
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

7 July 2015, 06:58

The 640XL does have a nice big display, using one myself now. Regards the 940 you will be waiting a while. Any questions or if you need help going forward just ask.
    ___________________________________NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone buff and im on twitter @techbuzzireland

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)
View mobile version