Question: When are we getting new firmware for Lumia 800?

You can see here how much appreciation 40coats has received from other members.

40coats
Poster
comments: 6
Author

24 March 2012, 19:33

Any date yet for the roll out of new firmware for the 800 (1600.2487.8107.12070 I think)?

• You can see here how much appreciation JimboIreland has received from other members.

JimboIreland
    Community Oracle
    comments: 6042
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

24 March 2012, 23:51

hopefully not too long here is some info on it

Nokia has released yet another firmware update for its Windows Phone-powered Lumia 800 to address problems with the device’s battery life and a number of other bugs. And it’s well worth installing. According to a report from WPCentral, version 1600.2487.8107.12070 “nearly tripled” the battery life on their Lumia 800.

While the Lumia 800 has received plenty of critical acclaim since its release last year, one problem that users have been suffering most is poor battery life, with many reporting that they cannot go a full day without charging their handset at least once.

Nokia has already issued two firmware updates to address the issue in the past, but it seems it’s the latest that is having the most impact. In addition to better brightness control, the Lumia 800 reportedly consumes just 70mA of power when idle with the latest software, while issues with white balance in the camera app and audio bass have also been fixed.

Furthermore, users who already have access to the update are reporting that it includes references to new features, such as a panoramic camera more and a self timer. However, these are not yet active.

The update begins its rollout in Singapore today, but Nokia is yet to announce when it will reach other territories. When it lands on your device, be sure to let us know.
    ___________________________________NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone buff and im on twitter @jimboirelandMETEOR NUMBERS - PAYG: 1747 BillPAY: 1905
  • You can see here how much appreciation 40coats has received from other members.

40coats
    Poster
    comments: 6
    Author

29 March 2012, 21:29

Must be close now, you can kind of track progress here, although to be honest the next stage is probably available.

• You can see here how much appreciation JimboIreland has received from other members.

JimboIreland
    Community Oracle
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

29 March 2012, 21:36

Its already available and documented on the lumia thread
    ___________________________________NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone buff and im on twitter @jimboirelandMETEOR NUMBERS - PAYG: 1747 BillPAY: 1905
  • You can see here how much appreciation ali23 has received from other members.

ali23
    Newbie Poster
    comments: 2

11 April 2012, 13:15

Hello Meteor,

Since purchasing the lumia 800 i have experienced seriously poor battery issues. I understand that this is a well known problem for this phone and that an update is imminent. However, according to Nokias site there should already be an update available for my phone as it states on their site (http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-lumia-800-software-update/nokia-lumia-800-software-update-availability). Note the product code (059N8B5) showing update available for the meteor network is the code my phone has.

Up to now i have been very patient with this phone in spite of being caught with a dead battery on several occassions  but i fear that if there is still a problem with the phone after the update i will not be able to return it for a new one as i should have done already because the intial return date for faulty phones will have passed.

Please advise, 

JimboIreland
    Community Oracle
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

11 April 2012, 13:21

Your still covered under warranty
  • You can see here how much appreciation ali23 has received from other members.

ali23
    Newbie Poster
    comments: 2

11 April 2012, 15:01

its been two hours since i posted, i was expecting a reply from Meteor by now. Perhaps that was expecting to much. If so, I wont bother you any more Meteor i'll just return the phone.

• You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Steve has received from other members.

Meteor_Steve
    Community Champion
    comments: 3934
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

12 April 2012, 17:17

I've asked for a date as regards this and will post it once I get it.

Steven
    _______________________________________________________<br><a href="http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and-Terms-of-Service/m-p/43657#M9" target="_self" data-mce-href="http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and-Terms-of-Service/m-p/43657#M9">Our Forum Terms of Service... Please Read</a><br><br>Unsolicited PM's will not be answered, please set up a thread if you need help with a query.<br>
  • You can see here how much appreciation moc has received from other members.

moc
    Newbie Poster
    comments: 1

30 April 2012, 23:50

Hi

Is there any update on this Meteor_Steven.

moc

JimboIreland
    Community Oracle
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

1 May 2012, 08:08

It's been available since last week again meteor is at the latter end of getting it similar to the GS2.
    you can download from Nokia conversations site via a cab file.
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Steve has received from other members.

Meteor_Steve
    Community Champion
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

1 May 2012, 11:46

Indeed, this is currently available.

Steven
    _______________________________________________________<br><a href="http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and-Terms-of-Service/m-p/43657#M9" target="_self" data-mce-href="http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and-Terms-of-Service/m-p/43657#M9">Our Forum Terms of Service... Please Read</a><br><br>Unsolicited PM's will not be answered, please set up a thread if you need help with a query.<br>
  • You can see here how much appreciation Dowtcha_Boi has received from other members.

Dowtcha_Boi
    Newbie Poster
    comments: 1

5 May 2012, 12:44

Hi,
       I have flashed my phone with the latest firmware and the battery life is greatly improved.See here for help http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1525370.
    This completely wipes the phone but you can install a app called reinstalled which scans live your account to see what apps you had installed. Make sure to reconnect to wifi before you install apps or your data plan will get hammered. Post 26 has link to guide. I did not need navifim to download the firmware.
    Use Nokia Product Support Tool from Nokia Care Suite (seidea.com).
    You need to manually install the correct drivers to get it to work. Navigate to:
    C:Program Files (x86)NokiaNokia Care SuiteDrivers, reboot. open Product support tool and bottom right make sure icon is displaying online.
    This then download new firware, this is about 350 meg and takes about 20 min. I then used info in link 26.

Its a small bit trickey and not worth the hassel if meteor is rolling it out soon I got sick of my phone running out of power before the end of a day.

Good luck

• You can see here how much appreciation impr0v has received from other members.

impr0v
    Forum Rookie
    comments: 5

27 June 2012, 00:37

This still hasn't appeared as an update, either on the phone itself or via windows phone connector for Mac.  I can't flash the thing manually because I don't have a windows laptop.  In any event, I shouldn't have to perform surgery of that nature in order to obtain a reasonable battery life.  

Meteor_Steve
    Community Champion
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

27 June 2012, 11:43

What region have you got your phone set to in the settings?

Steven
  • You can see here how much appreciation Jamesryan has received from other members.

Jamesryan
    Regular Poster
    comments: 11

29 June 2012, 05:01

Iv had a meteor Lumia 800 for a few months, never received a single update through zune , I believe this is meteors fault for not approving and pushing out the updates, Only today Nokia released another major update for the 800, Do ya think my phone recognized it through zune ???? U wont need too many guesses
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Rachael has received from other members.

Meteor_RachaelMeteor_Rachael
    comments: 584

29 June 2012, 11:56

Hi Jamesryan,

I've asked for an update on this and I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Rachael
    ________________________________________________________<br><a href="http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and-Terms-of-Service/m-p/43657#M9" target="_self" data-mce-href="http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and-Terms-of-Service/m-p/43657#M9">Our Forum Terms of Service... Please Read</a><br><br><br>Unsolicited PM's will not be answered, please set up a thread if you need help with a query.
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Rachael has received from other members.

Meteor_RachaelMeteor_Rachael
    comments: 584

29 June 2012, 12:26

Hi again Jamesryan,

This update has been signed off on :)

It should be pushed out by Nokia in the next two weeks.

The main feature of the update is to add tethering to the phone.

Hope this helps!!!

Rachael
    ________________________________________________________<br><a href="http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and-Terms-of-Service/m-p/43657#M9" target="_self" data-mce-href="http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and-Terms-of-Service/m-p/43657#M9">Our Forum Terms of Service... Please Read</a><br><br><br>Unsolicited PM's will not be answered, please set up a thread if you need help with a query.
  • You can see here how much appreciation impr0v has received from other members.

impr0v
    Forum Rookie

3 July 2012, 02:03

Steven

The phone was set to the UK.  I changed that on the day that you posted.  Still no update on the phone, or via Windows Phone Connector.  

Meteor_Steve
    Community Champion
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

3 July 2012, 18:11

Have you tried to get the newer update?

Steven

impr0v
    Forum Rookie

3 July 2012, 20:13

How do I try?  My phone, via 'phone update' from the settings menu, says no updates available.  When I connect to windows phone connector (for mac) and check for updates it says none available.  Someone here might quickly correct me, but I have not heard of anyone yet who received the original update on Meteor without having to download and push the update manually via Zune.  As I said above, I don't have a windows laptop, and surely it should be easier to update the firmware than that.  

• You can see here how much appreciation Celtic_horizon has received from other members.

Celtic_horizon
    Contributor
    comments: 32

4 July 2012, 12:06

• You can see here how much appreciation Celtic_horizon has received from other members.

Celtic_horizon
    Contributor
    comments: 32

4 July 2012, 12:49

Hi again Jamesryan,

This update has been signed off on :D

It should be pushed out by Nokia in the next two weeks.

The main feature of the update is to add tethering to the phone.

Hope this helps!!!

Rachael

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering on your comment about its main feature being for tethering but on nokia website there are a number things fixed with this update including more camera functions and better battery life??

Meteor_Steve
    Community Champion
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

4 July 2012, 17:07

Yep, Rach's post was just an overview of the update.

Steven

• You can see here how much appreciation cme has received from other members.

cme
    Poster
    comments: 9

5 July 2012, 11:18

I've had my Nokia Lumia 800 since the beginning of March and have not received any firmware updates.

There have been no notifications on my phone and when I check for updates using Zune I'm told that my phone software is up to date.

I'm currently on the following firmware version: 1600.2483.8107.11501

Why isn't Meteor pushing out these updates?

• You can see here how much appreciation ShayMac has received from other members.

ShayMac
    Contributor
    comments: 25

5 July 2012, 12:34

Steven why are you asking about regions and attempting new updates? Meteor have not pushed out any updates for this phone regardless of region or anything else. I have also had this phone since the first week of sale and even though Nokia have made updates available as early as March, Meteor still haven't pushed these out. The original update included a very important battery fix as the battery is terrible on this phone. This update was pushed out within a couple of weeks by Vodafone. The fact that the representatives here are posting as if this is all brand new information is not very reassuring to say the least.

I have the same firmware as listed above by the previous poster. When are Meteor going to give us new firmware that has been available and pushed out by other Irish networks for months now?

Meteor_Steve
    Community Champion
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

6 July 2012, 12:24

We have pushed out updates for the Lumia 800 (last update was pushed out late May/early June).

I am asking for the region as the phone won't pick up the update unless it is set to the correct region.

Steven

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)
View mobile version