Solved: Nokia limits 520 can't view picture messages

You can see here how much appreciation timesaround has received from other members.

timesaround
comments: 0
Author

18 September 2015, 11:18

I have mms messages enabled. When I get mms messages from iPhones I receive a link to download the picture, when I click it it says starting to download but it never does download. Please help
Solved. Read answer here:

This would not relate to just iphones and you need DATA to download or view images,NOT wifi,You also need to turn off your wifi and use only data and have a data plan.as mentioned above you should check your settings,you can remove your sim card and reinstall and the sim should pick them up again..
Also the file size needs to be under 300kb but this normally happens phone dependant which will compress picture file

SETTINGS
1.Meteor APN - Data.mymeteor.ie
2.No user name
3.No password
4.Leave all other settings as current defaults on handset

MMS
1.mms.mymeteor.ie
2.Username: my
3.Password: wap
4.Server: leave blank
5.Mmsc: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
6.Mms proxy: 10.85.85.85
7.Mms port: 8799
8.Mms protocol: wap 2.0
9.Mcn: 03
10.Authentication type: pap
11.Apn type: mms

View original
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Kyle has received from other members.

Meteor_KyleMeteor_Kyle
    comments: 4315
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

MBB Master

MBB Master

22 September 2015, 10:08

Hi there timesaround

Do you have the correct APN settings on your phone to receive MMS?

-Kyle
    __________________________________________ Help & Support Home Page | Forum T&C's - Please read | Meteor web-chat: 9AM - 11PM Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself. The forum is moderated from Monday-Friday - 9AM-5PM
  • You can see here how much appreciation JimboIreland has received from other members.

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    comments: 4681
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

Answer

22 September 2015, 21:14

This would not relate to just iphones and you need DATA to download or view images,NOT wifi,You also need to turn off your wifi and use only data and have a data plan.as mentioned above you should check your settings,you can remove your sim card and reinstall and the sim should pick them up again..
    Also the file size needs to be under 300kb but this normally happens phone dependant which will compress picture file

SETTINGS
    1.Meteor APN - Data.mymeteor.ie
    2.No user name
    3.No password
    4.Leave all other settings as current defaults on handset

MMS
    1.mms.mymeteor.ie
    2.Username: my
    3.Password: wap
    4.Server: leave blank
    5.Mmsc: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    6.Mms proxy: 10.85.85.85
    7.Mms port: 8799
    8.Mms protocol: wap 2.0
    9.Mcn: 03
    10.Authentication type: pap
    11.Apn type: mms
    ___________________________________NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone buff and im on twitter @jimboirelandMETEOR NUMBERS - PAYG: 1747 BillPAY: 1905

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)
View mobile version