Question: mms setting for nokia 635

You can see here how much appreciation Chris67 has received from other members.

Chris67
Poster
comments: 8
Author

24 July 2015, 18:29

Cant send any mms, any idea why?
Data connection is ON and Wifi networking is OFF.
See pics here after for the settings in my phone.
Thank you for your help, especially if you have a 635

3 Attachments

• You can see here how much appreciation Chris67 has received from other members.

Chris67
    Poster
    Author

24 July 2015, 18:49

Sorry last pic is wrong, here the good one

1 Attachment

• You can see here how much appreciation JimboIreland has received from other members.

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    comments: 4579
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

24 July 2015, 19:24

Do you have a data plan as you need data to send MMS and turn off wifi too..
    ___________________________________NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone buff and im on twitter @techbuzzireland
  • You can see here how much appreciation Chris67 has received from other members.

Chris67
    Poster
    Author

24 July 2015, 19:38

Yep Wifi is Off.
    Was able to send mms with my old Sony phone from 2005 but cant since I am using the new Lumia.
    I am on a Pay As You Go plan
  • You can see here how much appreciation JimboIreland has received from other members.

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

24 July 2015, 21:51

Ok so if your sim has not been changed or 18 month's or so older you need a new sim..
    ___________________________________NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone buff and im on twitter @techbuzzireland

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

24 July 2015, 21:54

For future reference to take screen shot on your Lumia press and hold the volume up and camera key at same time. This will save some time should you need help again, screenshots are a bonus and can help identify issue's quicker plus saves the need for a second camera etc.

Chris67
    Poster
    Author

24 July 2015, 23:26

The Lumia 635 was delivered with a brand new micro SIM card as the SIM card in my old SONY was a normal size.

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

25 July 2015, 09:30

Have you tried sending yourself an MMS?

Chris67
    Poster
    Author

25 July 2015, 16:51

An mms to myself? yes just done it now, got "Cant send message. Try again"
    Thank you Jimmy for your time trying to help me

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

25 July 2015, 17:17

Mate in your APN setting can you change the last one to IPv4v6 and see if it works

Chris67
    Poster
    Author

25 July 2015, 17:32

Done it but no success

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

25 July 2015, 17:39

Hmmm the only thing is your data may not be active,can you connect to the internet ok ?

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

25 July 2015, 17:44

Another thing is DATA SENSE - Go to settings then you should see data sense if your device has the latest firmware installed go into to this and see if the restriction is turned on...

Chris67
    Poster
    Author

25 July 2015, 17:44

you are right internet is not working

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

25 July 2015, 20:27

Data not activated so I think. Your sim should pick up the settings automatically anyway, most cases here is MMS settings not correct but as you've no Internet it's your data activation on new sim.

Chris67
    Poster
    Author

26 July 2015, 18:17

How do i get my data activation then?

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

26 July 2015, 18:19

You will have to call them or use the chat feature, or one of the mods will assist in morning.
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Kev has received from other members.

Meteor_KevMeteor_Kev
    Community Manager
    comments: 2406
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

28 July 2015, 10:45

Hi Chris,

I'll be happy to look into that for you.

Thanks for the help, Jimmy!

If you PM your number and PIN I can check out your data for you.

Cheers,
    Kev
    Meteor Community –Please Note Unsoilicited PMs may not be answered. – If I have requested your details, click on my username and you will see ‘Send Private Message’. Try using our ‘Search Bar’ to see if your query has already been answered. To start a new topic, just ‘Ask a Question’ on our home page. If your question has been successfully answered, please choose the This comment answers my question option - The Community is Monitored 9-5, Monday -Friday.

Chris67
    Poster
    Author

28 July 2015, 20:11

Sent a PM to Kev, thank you Jimmy for your assistance.
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Kev has received from other members.

Meteor_KevMeteor_Kev
    Community Manager
    comments: 2406
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

29 July 2015, 10:32

Thanks Chris,

I'll see you in a moment ;)

Cheers,
    Kev
    Meteor Community –Please Note Unsoilicited PMs may not be answered. – If I have requested your details, click on my username and you will see ‘Send Private Message’. Try using our ‘Search Bar’ to see if your query has already been answered. To start a new topic, just ‘Ask a Question’ on our home page. If your question has been successfully answered, please choose the This comment answers my question option - The Community is Monitored 9-5, Monday -Friday.

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

29 July 2015, 14:39

Chris67 wrote:

Sent a PM to Kev, thank you Jimmy for your assistance.

No problem.

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)
View mobile version