Question: how do i get media content on my lumia 640 pls

You can see here how much appreciation lauramcd has received from other members.

lauramcd
Newbie Poster
comments: 2
Author

2 June 2015, 23:40

• You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Adam has received from other members.

Meteor_Adam
    Community Oracle
    comments: 6874
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

MBB Master

MBB Master

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

3 June 2015, 13:43

hey lauramcd

What do you mean when you say media content?

-Adam
    ________________________________________________________The forum is monitored Monday to Friday 9am-5pm Help & Support | Forum Guidelines | Meteor web-chat | Terms & Conditions
  • You can see here how much appreciation lauramcd has received from other members.

lauramcd
    Newbie Poster
    Author

3 June 2015, 22:32

thank u very much for ur reply .......when i recieve a pic it comes up in a mgs saying GET MEDIA CONTENT NOW... i dint get the pic  

• You can see here how much appreciation JimboIreland has received from other members.

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    comments: 4630
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

4 June 2015, 23:01

You need to turn on the data,you cant get multimedia via mms,drag the screen down to see the toggles.
    ___________________________________NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone buff and im on twitter @techbuzzireland
  • You can see here how much appreciation lauramcd has received from other members.

lauramcd
    Newbie Poster
    Author

5 June 2015, 10:37

thanks Jimmy 

i,m not very good with the big stuff i,l go into one of the shops see will they sort it out but thank u very much for ur help 

Laura 

• You can see here how much appreciation JimboIreland has received from other members.

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

5 June 2015, 10:50

Once you hqve a data you will be fine. Just turn off wifi and turn on data.
    ___________________________________NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone buff and im on twitter @techbuzzireland
  • You can see here how much appreciation Grimwar has received from other members.

Grimwar
    Regular Poster
    comments: 14

11 June 2015, 00:17

Is your e-mail with google, ie Gmail (also some othe e-mail servers, can't recall)

You will have to set up that E-mail with Microsoft.

Go to; [all Settings/email+account] redigster your email account with your Microsoft account and all will be fixed.

Took me ages to figure why i could not view pictures {.Jpeg from Gmail} 

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

11 June 2015, 00:32

Email has nothing to do with multimedia. In your email by default on Lumia device's you can't preview images this is a security and data preserving measure. Double tap the image box opens the image.
    Multimedia works over network APN, Emails use server's.
    So to clarify you need data for Multimedia messaging, or data and WiFi for emails. Attachments are the same.
    Get media content is only an error for multimedia pictures.
  • You can see here how much appreciation Grimwar has received from other members.

Grimwar
    Regular Poster
    comments: 14

11 June 2015, 01:28

Thanks JimmyIreland,

So if i'am to understand what you said.

If i had Double taped the image that was sent to me, (before i redistered the gmail account in Microft) an could not view it). By Double taping i could have recived that image?

Thanks Grimwar

opps sorry for re-directing this thread

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

13 June 2015, 19:23

Yes
  • You can see here how much appreciation michm has received from other members.

michm
    Newbie Poster
    comments: 5

1 October 2015, 22:39

Hi I have been having an issue accessing multi media messages in the last few days. My data is on and is working and I have good coverage but the mms are still not downloading. I have had no issues with this in the past and I was wondering if someone could help me resolve this issue. Thanks

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

2 October 2015, 20:39

What phone are you using and is your wifi turned off when doing this ?

michm
    Newbie Poster

2 October 2015, 20:46

Using the nokia 625 and I have tried it using both wifi and data. Previously it has always worked for me when my data is on but for some reason it isn't now

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

2 October 2015, 20:57

MMS will not work on wifi,never will this only works with data,so you need a data plan or credit to avail off mms

michm
    Newbie Poster

2 October 2015, 21:02

I have tried using my data and it still won't download

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

2 October 2015, 21:03

Do you have credit and the correct settings ? Try removing sim card for a few minutes and let the settings pick up again this works for some....
    How old is your sim card by the way

michm
    Newbie Poster

2 October 2015, 21:12

The sim card is a year and a half old and I have enough credit. I'll try turning it off and taking out the sim to see if that helps. Thanks

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

2 October 2015, 21:14

Ok well my advice is get that sim replaced too its old and older sims cause problems,...

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

3 October 2015, 21:22

Any update here?

michm
    Newbie Poster

4 October 2015, 15:10

I took out the sim and there was no change. Will head in to store and get a new sim. Thanks

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)
View mobile version