Solved: Wifi calling

You can see here how much appreciation vdirgelas has received from other members.

vdirgelas
Newbie Poster
comments: 1
Author

30 July 2016, 11:49

Just wondering is Meteor have this option "wifi calling" mabe will have on future. In my area is very poor signal this would solve my problem for make and receive calls. I know that vodafone have this option here in Ireland.

What actually is Wi-Fi calling?

Instead of using your network connection, you will connect to voice calls using the Wi-Fi you have at home, or using whatever Wi-Fi hotspot you happen to be on when you're out and about. In every other way it's like a normal call though -- you still use normal phone numbers.

Why do I want that?

The main benefit is for making calls when you have no phone signal. If you live out in the countryside, for example, and find it difficult to get phone signal, you can make calls and send texts using your home Internet connection instead. The same applies for when you're in those dingy, underground bars where your phone can't get reception, but can connect to the bar's Wi-Fi.
Solved. Read answer here:

Hi there vdirgelas

I can confirm that Wifi Calling is available for our Meteor customers. This is just available to customers who have the Samsung S7 and/or Samsung Edge. You need to make sure that your software is updated to the Nougat version and be on the following plans....

SIM Only Lite -Current
SIM Only Regular 4G
SIM Only Super 4G
SIM Only Super Deluxe 4G
Smartphone Lite - Current
Smartphone Regular 4G
Smartphone Super 4G
Smartphone Super Deluxe 4G
SIMO Regular Extra 10GB 4G Current
SIMO Super Deluxe Extra 30GB 4G Current
SIMO Super Extra 15GB 4G Current
SIM Only Regular Extra 4G
SIM Only Super Deluxe Extra 4G
SIM Only Super Extra 4G
Smartphone Regular Extra 4G Current
Smartphone Super Deluxe Extra 4G Current
Smartphone Super Extra 4G Current

To activate this, you just need to go into your Settings > Connections > WiFI Call to activate this and then contact us so we can add this to your account.

-Kyle

View original
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Kyle has received from other members.

Meteor_KyleMeteor_Kyle
    comments: 4376
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

MBB Master

MBB Master

1 August 2016, 16:02

Hi there vdirgelas

Thanks for getting in touch.

When connected to wifi and you're using apps like whatsapp, viber etc (all apps that give you the option to call), you can make calls using wifi.

-Kyle
    __________________________________________ Help & Support Home Page | Forum T&C's - Please read | Meteor web-chat: 9AM - 11PM Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself. The forum is moderated from Monday-Friday - 9AM-5PM
  • You can see here how much appreciation vdirgelas has received from other members.

vdirgelas
    Newbie Poster
    comments: 1
    Author

1 August 2016, 19:34

Hi Kyle

I have them Voip service apps, but what i'm looking for is called Wifi calling servise. Its diferent think then WatsApp or Viber.

Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling

We know there may be times when it’s hard to get a mobile signal – whether it’s in a rural location or a basement flat, on the London Underground or inside an old building with thick walls.

Wi-Fi Calling lets you make calls anywhere you have Wi-Fi, even when there’s no mobile signal. Just use your phone as normal – the person you’re calling doesn’t even need to have Wi-Fi Calling.

There’s no additional charge for using the Wi-Fi Calling service. All calls you make with it will come out of your bundle’s minutes allowance as usual.

To take advantage of Wi-Fi Calling, you need:

A Pay monthly Red or Red Value Bundle, Red+ or Business Premier*
    A compatible device:
    iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus or iPhone SE
    A Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S7 or S7 edge bought directly from Vodafone at one of our stores, online or by phone through our customer services team
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Kyle has received from other members.

Meteor_KyleMeteor_Kyle
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

MBB Master

MBB Master

2 August 2016, 12:17

Hi there vdirgelas

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us again.

Unfortunately, we don't support VOIP services

-Kyle
    __________________________________________ Help & Support Home Page | Forum T&C's - Please read | Meteor web-chat: 9AM - 11PM Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself. The forum is moderated from Monday-Friday - 9AM-5PM
  • You can see here how much appreciation long_b has received from other members.

long_b
    Newbie Poster
    comments: 5

19 April 2017, 14:53

Any update on this ? It's live for Eir currently ?
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Alan has received from other members.

Meteor_AlanMeteor_Alan
    Meteor Admin
    comments: 231
    Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

19 April 2017, 16:00

Hi long_b

Unfortunately, there has been no update on the above.

We will notify you when there has.

Thanks,
    Alan.

Meteor_KyleMeteor_Kyle
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

MBB Master

MBB Master

Answer

20 April 2017, 16:05

Hi there vdirgelas

I can confirm that Wifi Calling is available for our Meteor customers. This is just available to customers who have the Samsung S7 and/or Samsung Edge. You need to make sure that your software is updated to the Nougat version and be on the following plans....

SIM Only Lite -Current
    SIM Only Regular 4G
    SIM Only Super 4G
    SIM Only Super Deluxe 4G
    Smartphone Lite - Current
    Smartphone Regular 4G
    Smartphone Super 4G
    Smartphone Super Deluxe 4G
    SIMO Regular Extra 10GB 4G Current
    SIMO Super Deluxe Extra 30GB 4G Current
    SIMO Super Extra 15GB 4G Current
    SIM Only Regular Extra 4G
    SIM Only Super Deluxe Extra 4G
    SIM Only Super Extra 4G
    Smartphone Regular Extra 4G Current
    Smartphone Super Deluxe Extra 4G Current
    Smartphone Super Extra 4G Current

To activate this, you just need to go into your Settings > Connections > WiFI Call to activate this and then contact us so we can add this to your account.

-Kyle
  • You can see here how much appreciation JimboIreland has received from other members.

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    comments: 4685
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

23 April 2017, 00:12

What about S8 Plus customers? Enjoyed the experience on my S7 Edge,not seeing it here on new phone yet..
    ___________________________________NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone buff and im on twitter @jimboirelandMETEOR NUMBERS - PAYG: 1747 BillPAY: 1905

Meteor_KyleMeteor_Kyle
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

MBB Master

MBB Master

24 April 2017, 13:53

Hi there JimboIreland

Would you be on one of those selected plans? If so, you should avail of this. This will be a feature that will have to be added to your account. Was this done previously on your S7?

-Kyle

-Kyle
  • You can see here how much appreciation JimboIreland has received from other members.

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

27 April 2017, 20:08

I have two plans atm which are listed ,HD voice is working quite well on the S8P
    ___________________________________NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone buff and im on twitter @jimboirelandMETEOR NUMBERS - PAYG: 1747 BillPAY: 1905

Meteor_KyleMeteor_Kyle
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

MBB Master

MBB Master

28 April 2017, 15:17

Hi there JimboIreland

Nice to hear from you again. Can you just clarify if this is indeed working for you?

-Kyle

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

28 April 2017, 15:43

HD voice is but not tried wifi calling. Incidentally hd voice only came on yesterday. I've the phone since the 20th..

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

28 April 2017, 15:44

I'll be around again Kyle 👍👍Hope all is well.

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)
View mobile version