Solved: unresponsive screen Iphone 5s (long screw damage?)

Tags:

You can see here how much appreciation pandabear_45 has received from other members.

pandabear_45
comments: 0
Author

19 May 2017, 18:03

Dear community,

I hope you can find out what's wrong with my phone and I'm thankful for any advice.

The phone model is the Iphone 5s. A few weeks ago my screen had been showing up vertical colourful lines and I thought the screen was damaged so I replaced it. I put all the screws in the correct order on a paper but I couldn't finish replacing it that day. The next day I found the screws all over the paper and one screw got lost. I didn't know it was that important to put the screws in the right order so I just put them where I thought they'd fit. I left out some screw somewhere at the speaker I think and I don't even know if there are screws in the speaker which actually belong to the logic board- it's a complete mess. However the screen was working again after I connected all the wires but after one or two weeks the vertical lines returned (the phone was in the bath when I was showering that day I believe but there is no visible water damage) one or two days after that my screen turned black and I tried everything possible to make it work again but the screen remained black. So I watched a lot of videos and I found out if you place a longer screw than the default screw in the right bottom screw-nut the screw will bore into the mother board and damage it and maybe even some or all data will get lost which causes a bluescreen or repetitive rebooting, which I didn't have, but I have seen repairs where the phone's screen was black with long screw damage so I guess it could also be the cause of my unresponsible screen.
I did charge it and all the button combinations possible as I said so I don't know what else it could be.

Please tell me if this is a long screw damage or something else
I would be so thankful🙏

Thanks for reading and sorry for the long text
Solved. Read answer here:

As this is a support forum we cant really give advice of "self fixes" you have voided your warranty and will need to take it to either a store to be sent off to be fixed at your expense or another shop that dees repairs. Also buying screens elsehwere is a big problem due to them being not original which seems to be the issue here,warching videos is not a solution to self fix your issues unless you are technically fit to do so, Things have changed over the years when it was easy to fix mobiles yourself but today it involves alot more that just removing parts and putting them back together

View original
  • You can see here how much appreciation JimboIreland has received from other members.

JimboIreland
    Community Champion
    comments: 4630
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

Answer

19 May 2017, 23:35

As this is a support forum we cant really give advice of "self fixes" you have voided your warranty and will need to take it to either a store to be sent off to be fixed at your expense or another shop that dees repairs. Also buying screens elsehwere is a big problem due to them being not original which seems to be the issue here,warching videos is not a solution to self fix your issues unless you are technically fit to do so, Things have changed over the years when it was easy to fix mobiles yourself but today it involves alot more that just removing parts and putting them back together
    ___________________________________NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone buff and im on twitter @techbuzzireland

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)
View mobile version