Question: 3G network not working on Galaxy S3

You can see here how much appreciation seanc619619 has received from other members.

seanc619619
Newbie Poster
comments: 5
Author

13 October 2012, 21:22

Hi there,just wondering is there a problem with the 3G network on Meteor??Is the network down??It was working fine Friday morning on my Galaxy S3 phone but in the afternoon and evening it wouldnt work,i thought i was able to get coverage as i was on the Train to dublin at the time and i thought it was just bad coverage in the area,,but now since im back in Mayo it still doesnt seem to be working now,??I can connect through Wi-Fi no problem and get on the internet etc but not through Mobile Data for some strange reason,any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Sean

• You can see here how much appreciation optimus has received from other members.

optimus
    Super Nova
    comments: 1270

13 October 2012, 21:35

Have you powered off and on?
  • You can see here how much appreciation JimboIreland has received from other members.

JimboIreland
    Community Oracle
    comments: 6042
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

13 October 2012, 21:37

There appears to be some issues going on still,very sporadic though
    ___________________________________NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone buff and im on twitter @jimboirelandMETEOR NUMBERS - PAYG: 1747 BillPAY: 1905
  • You can see here how much appreciation seanc619619 has received from other members.

seanc619619
    Newbie Poster
    comments: 5
    Author

13 October 2012, 21:43

yep i have turned it on and off,even took the battery and sim card out there about an hour ago,and left them out for about 5 minutes,put them back in and no joy im afraid when i try to connect  to Mobile Data

• You can see here how much appreciation lorrs27 has received from other members.

lorrs27
    Newbie Poster
    comments: 1

20 October 2012, 12:28

im having the same issue. i rang meteor and they sent me a settings message to reset my internet settings but iys stil not working? any other suggestions would b greatly appreciated
  • You can see here how much appreciation AlisonM has received from other members.

AlisonM
    Newbie Poster
    comments: 2

20 October 2012, 13:51

Same issue here. Tried the usual, switch on and off, take out battery & sim for a while, sent settings to phone again. Still no joy.

• You can see here how much appreciation AlisonM has received from other members.

AlisonM
    Newbie Poster
    comments: 2

20 October 2012, 14:02

• You can see here how much appreciation JimboIreland has received from other members.

JimboIreland
    Community Oracle
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

20 October 2012, 14:15

Here
    try this

Settings / Mobile networks / Access Point names / Meteor data or Meteor WAP / Proxy option
    and then delete the proxy settings there.

Then Powercycle the phone (remove the battery, from phone when turned on) the switch phone back on and check the connection.
    ___________________________________NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone buff and im on twitter @jimboirelandMETEOR NUMBERS - PAYG: 1747 BillPAY: 1905
  • You can see here how much appreciation Yanners has received from other members.

Yanners
    Bronze Member
    comments: 45

20 October 2012, 16:06

I am having internet connection problem too, internet browser wont connect on network only on wifi, same with facebook.. have done the above steps but no joy. This has been like this since yesterday, its very annoying... Any help please??
  • You can see here how much appreciation Mspolgara has received from other members.

Mspolgara
    Newbie Poster
    comments: 3

21 October 2012, 16:14

I have tried all of the above too including resetting my settings and deleting the proxy settings and power cycling my phone and I'm still having data connectivity problems it's very frustrating

JimboIreland
    Community Oracle
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

21 October 2012, 18:48

Are you getting no coverage or intermittent coverage?
  • You can see here how much appreciation kennej34 has received from other members.

kennej34
    Newbie Poster

21 October 2012, 19:36

I've no problem with wifi. Cannot get mobile data. I get the following message "Authentication via the proxy server was unsuccessful" . Anyone come across a fix yet ?

JimboIreland
    Community Oracle
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

21 October 2012, 19:40

Did you try the above?
  • You can see here how much appreciation Yanners has received from other members.

Yanners
    Bronze Member

21 October 2012, 21:03

Went into my local meteor store and got it sorted. The guy changed a proxy setting said a few people had been in with same issue

Yanners
    Bronze Member

23 October 2012, 19:45

Stopped working again today.... will have to try call in again. This is very annoying....
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Colm has received from other members.

Meteor_Colm
    Meteor Maestro
    comments: 1852

25 October 2012, 14:37

Hi Yanners,

Are you still having this problem?

Colm
    _______________________________________________________<br><a href="http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and-Terms-of-Service/m-p/43657#M9" target="_self" data-mce-href="http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and/Meteor-Forum-Guidelines-and-Terms-of-Service/m-p/43657#M9">Our Forum Terms of Service... Please Read</a><br><br>Unsolicited PM's will not be answered, please set up a thread if you need help with a query.<br>
  • You can see here how much appreciation gmcloughlin has received from other members.

gmcloughlin
    Newbie Poster

29 October 2012, 20:30

Hi, I just bought the SIII on Thursday. It was going great and then out of nowhere this evening I couldn't use the internet without wifi. I've tried the above but no luck. Anyone still having this problem?

• You can see here how much appreciation julie123 has received from other members.

julie123
    Poster
    comments: 6

29 October 2012, 20:49

I got a software update earlier and since i updated it my mobile data wont work!!!!

• You can see here how much appreciation stemull has received from other members.

stemull
    Newbie Poster

29 October 2012, 20:50

My 3G has also stopped working this evening!
  • You can see here how much appreciation threein99 has received from other members.

threein99
    Newbie Poster

29 October 2012, 23:10

My mobile has stopped as well 

• You can see here how much appreciation Mspolgara has received from other members.

Mspolgara
    Newbie Poster

30 October 2012, 01:50

I've full phone coverage where I live and I can see the h and 3g icon on my phone but it won't connect I've tried every "solution" and it's working on and off. I just spent 2 hrs with no internet there was no orange arrow showing under the h icon for some reason. It's very frustrating paying for a service I don't have!

JimboIreland
    Community Oracle
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

30 October 2012, 06:55

Another,data black out.
    Ive had it.

JimboIreland
    Community Oracle
    Device Wizard

Device Wizard

Community All Rounder

Community All Rounder

Community Guru

Community Guru

Apps Expert

Apps Expert

30 October 2012, 08:28

3g ,data was down again this is not on.
  • You can see here how much appreciation Meteor_Tony has received from other members.

Meteor_TonyMeteor_Tony
    Community Manager
    comments: 252

30 October 2012, 11:38

Hi stemull

Has you 3G service returned. There was an issue yesteday afternoon / evening with Data, but this should be resolved now?

See link Here.

Tony

Mspolgara
    Newbie Poster

31 October 2012, 00:55

These data blackouts seem to be occurring regularly usually in the evenings and almost daily! I have a phone with a lovely big screen but sporadic internet :(

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)
View mobile version